Saturday, March 1, 2014

Survival Suit

Received! thanks Sally at Pineapple Sails

This type of suit is fully sealed and is to help you survive in really cold water

I wouldn't just go out and wear it unless I am sailing in a really really cold wet winter night. However, it is just like a liferaft on a Farallon race for instance. I could probably survive for a couple of hours in the water and with a personal EPIRB and a HH VHF with GPS information I can probably help direct a rescue operation toward where I am.


Preparation and good equipment and foresight can turn a disaster day into a minor annoyance. This is the type of equipment that you hope that you will never have to use but are happy to have if you do have to use it!

Another box checked - picking up Elise today now that fuel cells have been installed and starting to set her up for the qualifier this weekend.

Next week: big solar panel mount install and emergency rudder and she'll be good to go! Hopefully also getting latest software version on the autopilot 'Doomsday device' from Brian. Believe it or not, I am actually using the NKE as a backup device as it doesn't have any adaptive gain...

No comments: