Thank you Sergey from Libra - quoting him below
This is the last Saturday race and the following boats are presented in the replay.
Wi – Wile E. Coyote – control boat
Li - Libra – control boat
Gr - Great White – replay performance is scratchy due to the slow GPS track (GPS capture rate 1 point per 20 sec)
El – Elise - replay performance is scratchy due to the slow GPS track (GPS capture race rate 1 point per 20 sec) and replay had started 10 into the race
Pe – Peaches
Op – Opa! – replay started 70 min into the race.
What is available now:
- Track color coding based on the boat speed.
- Distance and time difference monitoring between two control boats (there are two algorithms we are testing VMG based and Tack – wind direction recognition based on the tacking angle) – the second one is generally more reliable.
- Vector visualization – current heading and speed vs. initial (for the tack) heading and average (for the tack) speed vs. VMG and bearing (heading to the mark).
- Track auto segmentation and tack / jib recognition. Along each track you will see small white dots (they are clickable) – these are the points where the heading of the boat had been changed 10° or more compare to the initial heading for the segment.
- Google earth 3D animation, zooming, panning etc.
- Replay speed control.
- Race course mapping – Layline, rhumb line, start line etc.'
We can totally see the slow tacks on this! Pretty amazing...and our boat speed compared to that of the other boats that were in the same wind as we were (comparable)
We can also see the last tactical move right by the finish line with Opa! (the synchronization is off, eg the GPS sampling is not correct, so it looks like one boat stops while the other one moves forward...not quite the case...