Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Nat's post lightship 2011 photos

Story #1: I just got into a nasty bar fight. You should've seen the other guys

Story #2: I took up boxing - I won the round

Story #3: there were 15 of them, they were after my purse. Gave them a hard time and they had to run away

the real story... I slipped while on the boat, not even doing anything dangerous or complicated and not in any rough uncontrollable weather or seas...just like a total idiot, ended up head first on the low side winch and cleats...Typically made of hard metal pieces...

It was a really stupid thing to do...

Imag01742
Yesterday evening (Monday evening)
Imag0175
Yesterday evening, a few hours later
Imag0178
This morning
Imag0179
This morning...The strange thing is that I didn't hit any of these areas. There is a light bruise covering my cheek and my eyebrow and temple. That's where the brunt of the trauma took place (and where the cracked bone is - by the way, it looks like the 'eye socket bone' is called the 'orbit'...). It is still swollen compared to the other side and definitely hurts on touch now - but nothing like the golf ball of Saturday. Not quite sure what's up with this eye business. I am thinking that it is gravity that is moving the blood that got released by the trauma to gravity-friendly empty pockets nearby, which would be right below my eye, where it gets squeezed by nose and cheeckbone and can't easily move around anymore.

I still feel so bummed to have had to drop out of the race...and so sorry for Nathan who was also looking forward to the event.

Imag0177

My new Halloween costume

No comments: