Monday, March 14, 2011

Choice Quotes from Bid Daddy's Ladies Club

As it poured really hard on us while heading back to the Club

  • Kathy - you know, we're lucky in a way. I mean what other sports would have you come prepared for a total downpour?
  • Nat - that's right, it could be a lot worse, we could be riding a bike right now I guess

 

  • Nat - header
  • Heather - what?
  • Nat - Header, not Heather. I just called a header, as in not a lift, but if you prefer, we can call things differently
  • On the next lift:  'Kathy'

 

  • Nat - can I have a bit less outhaul please?
  • Heather (adjusting the outjaul) - ok
  • Nat - more
  • Heather - more or less?
  • Nat - I meant more of less.

 

Trying to locate the Finish Line (lost in the fog)

  • Nat - I can't see shit
  • Kathy - I can't see shit
  • Heather, the engineer - I will get my GPS out

 

Heading back to the Club in heavy rain (and all three of us staying out on deck)

  • Kathy - I wonder why we are the only one out in the Bay

 

Right after the start

  • Heather - why did you start?
  • Nat - because all the Express 27s were starting? Because it was our start time? Is that a trick question?

No comments: