Saturday, April 26, 2014

SHTP Qualifier - Tuesday. Santa Cruz

Pulled into the harbor around 830 in the morning. All good and qualifier completed with a few more miles due to unforeseen weather conditions.

I actually had trouble making it to the harbor due to lack of wind, I had to go well out of my way to find 8 knots of breeze early morning. Wind picked up around 7am though and I was good then, so I ended up way in the middle of Monterey Bay.


What a difference. It was raining and blowing 40 a few miles north in the middle of the night and 8 hours later, this is what I see






Getting ready for harbor


Elise at dock



Another huge treat is that Skip Alan (who lives in Santa Cruz) came by to greet me and offer help (Internet, shower, etc...) - I am so honored. Skip is a world class sailor, winner of the 2008 transpac (and pretty much every race he does) and a wonderful human being. Heart in his hand. I met Skip in 2006 (we are both also cat lovers) when I was prepping for offshore crossing, by looking to do deliveries or partnering with someone on Pac Cup.



Welcome by Serge and Brian with banana bread and Nutella. Awesome! 






And I had three showers that day. Just because I could.

Photos when not mine, courtesy of Serge.

No comments: