Saturday, April 5, 2014

Heading back - lightship




As the wind moved to a  northerly, the way back was mostly reaching. It was still blowing close to 30 knots and it wasn't possible to hoist the kite in those conditions. Seas super super rough the whole way to the lightship made for awesome surfing downwind.


And a lot of ship traffic!



Fast surf. Everything on deck got really really wet (including me...) but my butt stayed dry.


I passed this boat!! Elise was frequently doing 10 knots...I shook off the reef when the wind dropped below 25 knots



Right before the gate. Wind after that moved aft and I hoisted the spinnaker.

Autopilot (NKE) did a very poor job at steering under spinnaker, for some reason from that point on.

Finished!
https://www.jibeset.net/racedoc/IYC_T007701968r1.html?t=1396748634



No comments: