Wednesday, July 2, 2008

More boat work pictures


Installing the 'line stuffer'...I like things to be orderly on a boat (and anywhere) but on a boat it is a great safety measure.

My first sewing job: putting together a webbing strap to keep the cooler from opening at inappropriate moments and send its contents flying across the cockpit. We may keep the bottle of wine in there so that's definitely NOT something we want to see happen. It would be such a waste!


My McGyver style "keep cubby hole plank in place" solution...Cute, heh?

I sailed the boat across to Sausalito (Jason's shop) yesterday morning. Nathan drove to pick me up there and give me a ride back to the city. It was a real treat. I was the only boat out there and there was definitely enough wind to make this a super pleasant ride. It was my first time single-handling Elise with sails all the way (when I delivered the boat in Berkeley I started under sails but had to start the engine as the wind died as the sun came down). The cleats looking aft are a blessing!! (it works also for the jib lines of course!)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: