Tuesday, June 10, 2008

A nice sailing website - Mon Desir

I just found Jerry's website - I really like it because I sail for many of the same reasons as he does. www.sailingmondesir.com (+ his boat has a French name...). I have sailed with Jerry on Mon Desir and I will always remember this race on the city front: we were over early so we had to go round and cross the start line again. Despite this, we got a gun!! And Jerry looked super surprised!

Here are some excerpts from his site - I certainly recommend a quick peek. I really identify with those. I also feel like sailing Elise is just like allowing her to exercise - and she reacts like my muscles do :)

About racing
"I got myself involved in racing simply to become a better sailor."

"I always envisioned myself sailing to distant lands and adventures unknown."

"The ocean is not to be taken lightly, she takes no prisoner and while glorious in all her many fazes, she deserves & commands great respect."

"Many will argue that racing is tough on a boat; I believe that sailing a boat well is the best thing for it. "

About sailing in general
"if your dream is to go sailing then do yourself a favor, go sailing NOW! [...] it's a great life style filled with wonder and amazement"

"I have found that when I do not use my boat it is the worst thing I can do to her."

No comments: