Sunday, August 21, 2016

Spinnaker Cup

I aborted the event - we went out in a heavy flood and the fast boat made it before a wind shut down. I was basically upwind to try to get offshore the entire time and I was the only boat in my category. So I decided to cut it short because the long delivery wasn't worth a hard slug upwind for me. The first boats to start and the fast boats had really great wind though.


Hanging out before the start


Bye San Francisco - photo purchased from H2oshots


I also started with the #3 because it was blowing 18 and because the wind was supposed to build I waited forever before switching back to the #2 which combined with the flood kind of killed the race.


Oh and the autopilot stopped working randomly. So a long night it would have been. Elise is due for an electrical review. I had also the wrong kite up when I turned to go into half moon bay (then I was on a reach). It was super quiet and I had a hard time keeping the kite full but the heavy weather kite was up because 25 - 30 knots from the Northwest was forecast (YAY) - instead I had 5 knots from the SW. Crap.


When the sun set the wind died near Half Moon Bay where I was so it took me forever to get to he harbor but what a sunset




And my morning coffee.

No comments: