Sunday, August 21, 2016

Mike High Regatta Hobie Cat - Lake Huntington


All gathered for the skippers meeting for the mile high regatta at Lake Huntington California

Photo from Rafi Yahalom or me


Boat are set up, water and air temperatures are lovely


and off we go


The venue is truly amazing and I am enjoying the ability to sail in many different location on the hobie - I like the one-design aspect, however, in light to medium air and the fact that there aren't so many controls in the hobie 16 for the crew, not much happening really during the race



This is us going upwind on the trapeze


Between races, we go back to the beach, get some food or water, very handy.


Still a ton of fun - and feeling thankful to Jim for allowing me to participate



Happy me (and yes I am wearing the wrong cap)


Jim, the skipper - and yes he is wearing the right cap


In the morning, I came by the lake to read and just take in the beauty. The mist lifted up as the air warmed up. Magical.


Ready for another day of fun!


The dock by the ramp is looking funky


Morning peace


Hanging out before the start



We had good start in general as Jim is quite aggressive


Getting ready to jump in as the wind would go from medium to light (no trapeze)



On the downwind leg


Rounding a leeward mark (the race is not windward/leeward) it's going through a bunch of marks depending on the course -up to 8 marks


Reaching across



We finished 6 - after the first event I started to focus on the race and on how to make the boat go faster...




No comments: