Wednesday, August 13, 2014

First weekend back - cruising on Echappee

I just learned that Else didn't ship because of the hurricane. She won't be back in the Bay Area until August 29. I miss her so much. She has been my companion for so many happy memories. Matson reported no damage in their yard in Honolulu, so that's good news. 

After I returned I couldn't wait to get back on the water, regardless of what it was for, or where I was going.

Nathan and I took Echappee out for a cruising weekend. I know. I said it. Cruising. Turns out it is pretty awesome too!! And perfect to re-adjust to life after returning from a Hawaiian vacation.


I didn't know there was an anchorage by the ballpark so that's where we went. Wonderful dinner at anchor with Alsatian white wine served chilled. 


There was only one other boat at anchor so we had the place to ourselves.


In the morning, we watched the San Francisco marathon - there was a ton of runners.


our neigbhor


Looking over the Bay Bridge and South Beach harbor


I read almost the entire day. Only interrupted to make myself a cheese sandwich with olives and get a glass of that delicious white wine. Boy, life is good on Echappee. She doesn't go fast, but wherever she goes, she does it in style.


I missed swimming so much that I decided to give it a try. In 55 degree waters...Echappee is fully equipped with a swim ladder.


It took me the longest time to get use to the water before I could just let go of the ladder and swim.


The water there was definitely colder than what I had the pleasure to swim in at Hanalei Bay...


Quite a bit of current, should be good exercise

 Nathan checking in to see if I have made it into the water, half an hour later.


and yes! I swam for a good 20 minutes. It was delicious once you were in the water.



Working my shoulder joint carefully...



Happy me



Checking Echappee's new bottom. A lot more boats came in that day, including one as loud as a Burning Man art car.


The proud owner

Checking the anchor




I took all these shots from the water




This bus-boat looks hilarious!



Heading back to Alameda, Echappee's home slip in the late afternoon


A happy Nathan



Setting sail for the way back


Breakfast post swim. Nutella and hot tea



She sails too!



Hey, look where you're going!


Nathan cooking


Perfect picture of the weekend. Life stood still for a day.

No comments: