Friday, June 25, 2010

The morning after (arrival) - our surroundings

M1 End Tie - our dock.

Marine life shopping for breakfast

Poor baby sea lion that looked abandoned. When their mom die (sometimes eaten by sharks), they have no one to care for them as they do not get adopted by other sea lions. This baby would probably have perished starving. It was in pretty bad shape (half blind...). I went over to the fishing dock at around 6am and bought him a fish. The fish was too big for its mouth but it still tried to swallow it whole. When it realized that it wouldn't work, he started munching on it, slamming it against the plastic boxes. It was really funny.

I hadn't noticed the baby until it screamed at my as I walked by. I called the harbor master and asked for the marine mammal rescue group to come take care of it. I was assured that they'd check it out (they must have done so as it was gone next time I walked on the dock a few hours of sleep later)

Rummaging for fish inside the boxes




Santa Barbara Yacht Club is at the beach...




Photos courtesy of Nathan

No comments: