Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Coastal Cup - Self Portrait - Heather's Photos


I actually took this photos. I was driving and Heather was on the low side trimming the spinnaker. We were getting increasing closer to Point Conception and the wind was topping 35 knots pretty regularly by then.

The bow waves were bigger and bigger and at times, the bow would punch into a wave and the entire deck would be under water.

At some point, I see a huge bow wave crash over Heather who was comfortably sitting in the cockpit. All I see is a mess of white cap on the boat. Heather completely disappears under this bubbly cover.
Heather's lifejacket was thinking. 'Oh, looks like we're drowning right now, I'd better inflate.'

After the boat emerged from the wave, here's what I saw...Heather breathing with difficulty through her lifejacket!!!

(she had to go below to deflate it)

No comments: