Friday, February 14, 2014

Self Steering Aid - Qualifier

If NKE breaks, if the Doomsday device breaks, if the tiller pilot breaks, I can use the following
 - I like remote controlling the AP as there is nothing worse than realizing that you need to course correct when you are standing on the bow... -

Upwind and Reach
  • 2 turning blocks (spare) to attach to the toe rail to a storm jib + surgical tubing
  • Bungee cords

Downwind
  • twin sails (that will be tested this weekend!)

Anywhere so long as I am awake and on the foredeck of the boat or sitting in the cockpit under the dodger in bad weather (or yes, Elise has a super cute dodger which Jason's girlfriend built for offshore passages)
  • line connected to the tiller that goes around the boat, with small light turning blocks

Anywhere so long as I am not racing and want to take a nap so that I can hand steer when I am not taking a nap
  • Heave-to

No comments: