Sunday, January 19, 2014

CYC Midwinters single-handed practice - Saturday

No wind.


Morning surprise - courtesy of Serge



Spinnaker start (yay!), Elise was doing good.



 and then the wind died and the ebb started, pushing all the boats back...


Wind dying...


Met up with Nathan on the race course


Happy to be out there despite the lack of wind


I tried several times to make it to the mark, but the wind would die right before the mark and the ebb would take me back to where the wind line was. There was no way I was going to make the time limit. At around 410 (time limit was 430) I was still at the mark, I pointed the boat to the city front and headed home.


Serge was waiting for me at the dock. The ebb took me nicely home.


Serge was racing on Solar wind (or whatever new name it now has) and though their race was abandoned, he enjoyed a good drink.


What a beautiful boat.

No comments: