Thursday, February 26, 2009

Corinthians - Sunday





None of these boats are Red Sky...but it does illustrate what Sunday was like. It never stopped raining!
Photos purchased from www.lyonsimaging.com

Other than the fact that I was totally wet, I much preferred Sunday as the wind was steadier, except when we rounded Angel Island as we ended up in a wind shadow. I did foredeck on Sunday which is a lot of fun, pretty acrobatic. I loved it also because we were short-handed so I did some 'short-handed looking things' on a different boat which is a great learning experience for me. We ran single lines on Saturday as the wind was very light but double-line which would be the standard setup on Sunday (eg a guy and a sheet on either side of the boat: that way, when comes jibe time, the foredeck person can prepare the new guy easily: it's idle!)

After the race on Sunday, I got dropped off and treated myself to a really nice brunch at the Swedish bakery place in Tiburon. What a great day (yes, despite the rain).
Posted by Picasa

No comments: