Friday, June 7, 2013

More LongPac (and general SH offshore) prep


Completing the kit to go aloft on my own easily. I also have a climbing harness but it is not as comfortable when working for a little while up top. I will still probably wear it as a second safety gear. It is super light. I carry it on the boat any time. Always good in case a halyard gets stuck up the mast or something...



I wanted a better way to lead the mainsail so it can be hoisted SH, regardless of wind direction. In fact, often when I share a reef off it is because I move downwind. The current prefeeder is too high up the mast so the sail will get jammed all the time unless I am straight into the wind; kind of slow in a race. So I will set up a jib prefeeder (with a bungee around the mast) for my SH races. I tried it already and it is pretty nifty.


My duffel bag for daysail isn't waterproof. I have a smallish waterproof/resistant backpack for boating but it is a tad small and not guaranteed completely sealed up. Just in case things get really wet, last thing I want is to put on spare wet clothes. So I decided to invest in some real waterproof gear - and for that, I trust my long-standing friend Musto brand!

No comments: