Monday, October 8, 2012

Vallejo 1-2, the 1

Highlight of this race

  • Good start: everyone started with a spinnker (it was a downwind start) and everyone got buried in a moving wall with no air. I decided to keep my #2 up (Elise's version of the #1 for single handed sailing) so thatI could head up a little into better current, upwind of everyone (I started right at the pin exactly where I Wanted) and out of everyone's bad air (was fouled at the start by Archimedes a little bit, but it is an SSS race, so I don't really care :))
    Imgp0963
  • Not so bad current choices, kind of half way, getting help from the flood but not departing too much from the course as to add a lot of distance
    Imgp0964
    Imgp0967
  • Non working autopilot (err 04, three big error messages), so I used a bungee which wasn't quite tight enough so good that it was kind of light air (10-11 knots tops). Interestingly, my gybes were better than the last ones I did with the autopilot
  • Heavy current, air became very fluky, light and all over
    Imgp0965
     the place near the entrance to the Vallejo channel. I was in 2nd position on the Express fleet at that time and I did what I should not have done. Lost patience...in light air, very unforgiving. I slid to last place in Express fleet :(
    Imgp0972
  • Super hot and sunny

Imgp0966

Imgp0968
Serge's contribution: my coffee!
Imgp0970
Imgp0969
Crossing over to the entrance of the Vallejo channel!

No comments: