Monday, September 17, 2012

Another part of the training for the Nationals

Sailing is a sport (racing mainly that is) - round the buoy can really do with fast lean and athletic people. long distance racing is an endurance sport and having proper nutrition, amazing recovery skills (which is a training item, the more endurance training you do and the great fitness you achieve the faster your body recovers) are super important. Strength (particularly if you are an elf like I am) is also key. I practice upper body strength so I can trim the spinnaker without help from a winch (slower) in higher wind speeds. 

I train for endurance, general fitness level, mental toughness/commitment (also key to success) and leg strength via cycling (which I am starting to really like as it is also a 'discover cool places' type sport)

Cimg3057
Cimg3058
From yesterday, courtesy of my mom!

No comments: