Tuesday, July 24, 2012

I want to do Single-Handed Transpac

This has been nagging me since the LongPac. There I was a newbie still and I got frustrated with the slightest thing. I have a lot to learn but I know that with the SSS folks I am in good hands :)

Leaving you with a few quotes from Andrew Evans' book (I don't agree with everything, for instance, I find buoy racing in an active and competitive one design fleet with a full crew super exciting and fun AND the dimension of managing a team is also a wonderful human experience, so sailing with a crew needs not be boring at all, but that's beside today's point) - http://www.sfbaysss.org/tipsbook/SinglehandedTips.pdf?id=1 

'…and now, nothing more, I want to be alone with my essential sea…I don’t want to speak for a long time, Silence! I want to learn, I want to know if I exist.'
Pablo Neruda

'singlehanded sailing is the only  sport where one needs to be physically, mentally 
and emotionally ready, just to finish'
Andrew Evans

'Consider how rare it is in modern society for someone to be totally alone and totally self reliant.  '
Andrew Evans
'only the singlehanders are willing to take 
on the challenge of 100% self reliance.  '

No comments: