Monday, September 19, 2011

Elise was called Ridgerunner!!!!

101_on_lake_norman
One of Elise's previous owners reached out with a photo - Elise was a fresh water boat before she moved to the Bay Area. 

I quote

'Because the boat was located in Charlotte, NC we named her Ridgerunner, which is another name for a hillbilly.  The funny thing was the people from NC didn't understand the name.'

It is so cool to find out more about Elise's past.

I know hat boats are inanimate things, but I think that, just like horse owners, boat owners relate very strongly to their boats, just like they were people.

Taking care of Elise does not mean the same to me than taking care of my house. Taking care of my house is something I have to do...a chore more than anything else. Taking care of Elise is an act of love!

No comments: