Monday, July 27, 2009

There is one thing that I was forgetting: all the shackles, including the anchor's, have been wired shut with bailing wire (and more wire was purchased to replenish our stock)

And yes, Nathan's engineering picture of how to hook up the solar panel was helpful and saved me looking things up online. I am still not quite sure why our charge controller thinks that the charge on a battery is 14.2 volts when my voltmeter tells me it's 13.6 but hey...the amount of solar amps going through does decrease as the battery gets charged up and does stop when it reaches the right voltage, so it looks good overall. I guess we need a deviation card for that as well.

And I will not give details about the 'backstay position' that we also experimented with during our practice sail. Heather's the real expert on that one.


No comments: