Thursday, July 23, 2009

News on the Elise front

Elise is back at the Saint Francis after a weekend delivery from Santa Cruz (I am spending my life in Santa Cruz these days...I was there today for a work offsite)

A few things have happened since then
  • spare autopilot (tiller autopilot) is all connected up (or rather, there is a plug and we can put it on at any time)
  • car socket is installed (that will be the power for the laptop. I just got a universal laptop car charger that can plug right into it)
  • bilge pump drain does directly through the transom now
  • the adjustable cars can go further forward now for a good blade setting
  • a new 3DL jib is on order
  • boat was rinsed off (inside AND outside) and so was all its gear)
  • new propane bottle is in place for the LongPac
  • most of the LongPac stuff is now on the boat (including solar panel that is now mounted)
  • the small engine is fixed
We also have the transponder for the Long Pac (same type as the one we had for Coastal Cup)

I will take a closer look at various other sheeting arrangements to see if I can come up with something more efficient. will keep everyone posted.

No comments: