Saturday, June 27, 2009

Coastal Cup Casualties

First, our transponder is NOT among the casualties.

Some of Nathan's pocket's content ended up under the floorboard but this is a temporary setback, we expect to recover fully from this.

My hand-held VHF went overboard (not sure when or how as it was in my pocket...)
My theoretically waterproof watch was not sealed properly and does not work so well anymore
We lost a rudder post pin and nearly lost the second one. Had to do a McGyver repair and I had to drive with my finger around the post for a while...
We already talked about the spinnaker
The small engine needs fixing (that was a by-product of the Coastal Cup preparation)
My sunglasses got seriously bent as I stepped or sat on them, I can't quite remember
My sleeping bag is losing its content. Once I came up on watch as if I had just spent the night in a chicken farm
One screw fitting the companionway hatch and one of the lee-cloths expired...
The cockpit got a very creative set of Red Vine decorations

On the plus side, one of the lifejacket that we thought was lost re-surfaced. It turns out that it had been swallowed by a spinnaker.

However, we left with two buckets. We arrived with two buckets. All is well.

No comments: