Thursday, August 7, 2008

More Pac Cup pictures

A victorious-looking Nathan happily surfing waves...Nice-looking powerboat wake (not that there usually is a matching nice-looking powerboat bow wave). We had a lot of this on the last day! That's when I broke my speed record! AND I was steering toward Hawaii, not toward the fastest boat speed point on the horizon. Note a broken solar panel on starboard...that's what a flying boom can do to you...At some point, during an accidental jibe (we did have a few of those, both of us, not that very many and often actually in very very little and shifty winds, probably actually more than we normally would as we were trying to sail REALLY low in order not to put any side load on the rig and keep it up. NOT the fastest point of sail anyway and according to Nathan "I am a little obsessed by the numbers on a little top-left quadrant..."), I got swept across the deck by this famous flying boom and ended up scotched tape to the starboard side shrouds, feeling very much like a crepe. Given how sunburnt I was, I probably wasn't very far from being one!

Note the protection on the port lifeline (there was one on both sides), very useful to prevent chafe for the spinnaker sheet and guy. Remember that the spinnaker was up for DAYS (and nights)

Sailing toward Hawaii in the setting sun...

News on medical side, I need a biopsy. Hopefully, all good, will keep everyone posted as usual.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Babeth said...

Looks like a lot of fun!
It's a great boat that you have.