Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Three Bridge Fiasco - The Finish

At the Finish, I had about 18 to 20 knots of wind after the Bay Bridge - unfortunately changing head sail with hanks is a very slow proposition so I decided to suck it up. Also unfortunately I had to short tack my way up the city front to not be killed by current (and initially right after the Bay Bridge I was in positive current for a while Vs not as bad). Tacking a large jib single handed is tough...



Photo: Serge Zavarin
 Finishing!
 On my way to the finish. Photo: Serge


Finishing: photo - Serge


Buddies - photo: Serge

Elise and the SuperBowl - photo: Nathan Bossett

 What a great view! Elise and one of the San Francisco landmarks. Photo: Nathan Bossett

Heading back up - photo: Nathan Bossett

Elise was parked next to this giant - for a short while I looked at her and she felt tiny and old...but that lasted about one second...

No comments: