Sunday, August 2, 2015

2nd Half Opener


Nathan sent me this picture during the week. I had no idea what that was... but then during the 2nd half opener, there was a hazard at the end of the start line...

Can you see the anomaly?

A tad closer


And even closer

We DFL'ed at the 2nd half opener. I couldn't get boat speed upwind. Downwind was fine. Granted, there were only three of us and we had a broken winch so we just put the jib up Vs the genoa (at least this is what Chris and Ryan said). I could do only 6.2 kts of boat speed and I am pretty sure the other boats were going at 6.6 kts...

We had a spinnaker wrap after a light air jibe but we sorted this out and got back in business pretty quickly.

It is frustrating of course - but I know that there is only way out of this and that's boat time, drive time.

On the way back in 20+ knot winds, I was finally doing 6.5 and 6.6 kts...so I need to get my medium air boat speed better. 

Ooooh, the salt on my face though...How I missed that...How happy, how lucky I am.

No comments: