Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Express 27 Nationals Day 1

I did the event on Libra as Elise wasn't back yet in the area. Photos mostly courtesy of Serge Zavarin. 
unless specified otherwise, or marked with a watermark


Wile E Coyote


The San Francisco Yacht Club hosted the event and did a great job



Sherry at the bow - she is an amazing athlete and sailor.



Dima, Chris, Marcia, me and Sergey on Libra


Before the start






Peaches with an amazing performance - finishing 3rd overall!






4th overall





Start of the first race captured from the committee boat




Most of the boats are optimized for the Bay - everything that is not required for the Bay is removed from the boat (including cabin top winches often) and all the boats are kept light and efficient






I trimmed the spinnaker and jib and the entire time I would ask myself 'what would Mark do?' - Mark is Elise's rock star trimmer. I have so much more to learn from him. He just 'feels' what's right for the sails.




Happy me



Ray Lotto, one of the best sailors I know






in-between race 1 and 2







Start of the second race




What a great picture of the fleet going to the leeward gate. 














Libra's crew work was impeccable - most of the improvements lie in focus for driver (the shut up and drive syndrom I suffer from myself) and tactician, starts, upwind speed and point and tacks






Start of the last race

























The overall winner - their maneuvers are amazingly fast, the driving is impeccable and hte tactics grandiose. I feel so little compared to these guys.





It definitely got wet at the last race!





No comments: