Saturday, May 25, 2013

Climbing up the mast single-handed


I spent some time researching various systems to go aloft single-handed. I wanted a system that was easy to use and that wouldn't have me get to the top tired.

Prepared to sacrifice some weight for this as sometimes going aloft to unstuck something can be a safety matter.

 - then I figured that riggers need to do this on a routine basis so I decided to get exactly what they use.



Using a 3:1



and it works!! You need to use your legs to stay close to the past or run a line to keep you close to the mast but otherwise, it is perfect!!


I need to fit the rest of my climbing gear so that I can stop myself without having to hold the line by hand and I can free up both my hands to do work.

 

Going up the mast under my own power :)


yeepee!

Hanging in mid-air


If space gets tight on deck, we can always set up something up in the air.


No comments: