Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Corinthians Midwinters 2009 - on Red Sky

Nat went out on Brian's boat, Red Sky, on Saturday at the Corinthians Mid Winters. Rich joined us as he was doing a photoshoot for BeatSarcoma! I will post a link to pictures soon. Lyons Imaging also participated.

Great day - beautiful weather except that we had really little wind at times...and close to the finish line when we were pretty much motionless, boats seem to come out of nowhere at a fairly brisk pace...just because they were still getting wind.

I worked foredeck, messed a few things up which caused Brian to ironically call out to neighboring boats 'I have the best French foredeck in the Bay, believe me'
Nothing was broken and nobody got hurt. so it was a great race ;-)

Here is an apercu of Rich's talent!

We caught a snack at Tartine in the evening to sort out the pictures (Rich is using a fabulous Apple application for this...but I forgot the name of it...not iPhoto) - we stayed until closing time and were offered some free lemon meringue cake. Just as Rich was wondering whether he'd get dessert or not!

I have misplaced my sunglasses (see on this picture) so if you see anything like them, please let me know (I am serious!)

The Red Sky...I love how the various lines and their relative angles play against each other on this picture.

Another interesting pattern of lines and light as the sun timidly seeks to imprint its seal on the genoa.

A moment of relaxation...
Posted by Picasa