Sunday, April 1, 2007

Elise March Health Bulletin

Happy St. Stupid Day everyone,

As you have not seen me around the boat at the last couple of events, I thought that I should post an update on our Health Bulletin. You will be pleased to know that I am still actively contributing to this race program. If you want more info re: health bulletins, I also keep a private blog. If you request one, I'll be happy to send you an invite.

Elise is nearly ready for the Bay. The only item that's missing are three new High-Tech halyards and associated shackles. Unfortunately, they are at the shop as I still need to pick them up... The plan is to have them for the next event!!!

There is a high priority item that we need to think about: a replacement (potentially) of the head. Something secure, light, comfortable to use, esp. for ladies and easy to empty. If you have ideas, suggestions, link, please send them around!

Elise is also starting to get ready for the offshore races. We have a lot more optional weight now :)
- MOB pole
- Lifesling
- Lead line (depth sounder, craft form)
- A ton of flares of various colors and shapes, ready for the 4th of July
- Jacklines (there are two tethers and one harness permanently on the boat if you need to borrow anything)
- Whistles for everyone
- A second bucket (this is not our long-term head solution)
- A sextant
- New mast turning block and a cabin top cleat so we can run the Spin halyard back
- Tape for the forward hatch ;-)
- Floatable strobe
- Spare knife
- Auto-helm (simple version, we have a quote for the "pro" system)
- Reefing line
- Tow line

Soon, Elise will get an SSB radio, a (borrowed) 4-person liferaft which will probably fit only two people since the 8-person one I spent a day on was barely enough for 4, a fxed GPS and a new knotmeter (I promise!!!).

So next two big items on the to do list are:
- Head solution
- Trailer work (planned for April 21st!)
- Pick a logo and get some decent team gear

ps: I am still desperately trying to get the boat cover person to measure up how much fabric she might need...

Until next time!!

1 comment:

Andre said...

Hi Nat

Sorry for my very long silence... Just to tell you that I met Herve Fache 2 weeks ago. It was for a professional interview which unfortunately didn't had a positive conclusion since he decided to join another company (AFAIK). We took advantage of this opportunity to have a private conversation and he told me that he is about to move back in France after a quite long stay in Brazil. He also gave me some news from you and lke you I had some heath problems during last past months. So if you could invite me to join your private blog it would be great.
Thank in advance
Kiss you
Andre