Monday, August 11, 2014

post SHTP stories - July 19 - relaxing and Awards Dinner

That day, for the first time in weeks, I had no obligations, nothing that I had to do. Joe and George decided to take a hike but I wanted a more relaxing day so I went snorkeling, swimming in Hanalei Bay, walked the entire length of the beach, stopping for a swim from time to time. I then saw the two Brians at the Tree and stopped there for an ice-cream. We watched a canoe race that was going on. The skipper of Fast Lane joined us, and drove me back to the condo to get ready for the Awards dinner.
This part of the coast at the beginning of the Na Pali Coast reminds me of home


Thanking the race committee!

 Race co chair


Our table - the food was really so so for a $60 dinner!


Steve, the overall winner. I felt that he didn't get as much praise as it was deserved. All the boats are very different so the overall rankings mean little but first on corrected time is a huge achievement and we went blazing fast over that.

The handing out of the belt buckles felt like a graduation party - and there was no special place carved out for awards. You'd get your award and your belt buckle if you'd won an award, or you'd just get your belt buckle for finishing.



How can you tell you're on a tropical island?



No comments: